What can I do to help?
By getting involved as a BCSI Ambassador, you’ll find yourself in a number of roles: chaperone, mentor, advocate and friend. This will help an international student get the most out of their year abroad. As a trained BCSI Ambassador, you’ll help young people from your own community and around the world. It is a wonderful opportunity to use your skills, talents, leadership, values and cultural perspective to help an exchange student.
What is expected of me?
By becoming part of the social network of Bethel Christian Schools International staff members and host families, you as a ambassador can help the visiting students develop and reach positive academic, social, and personal goals.
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationships by participating in activities and field trips with them
- Strive for mutual respect
- Foster a positive environment and promote an enjoyable experience
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please read more about our expectations and fill out the application